Chocolate Chip Molten Cake at Chili's

My diving buddy Zara asked me if I wanted to watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs on 3D one lazy Sunday afternoon. I'm always up for a cartoon, and I also had nothing better to do, so I thought it was a great idea.

However, on the way to the mall, the traffic was horrendous, and I deduced that this was due to a mega-sale of sorts being held at several malls. After seeing the long queue for parking slots, we decided to change our plan. As far as I'm concerned, Plan B should usually include some food in it. Thus, I convinced Z to go to Chili's so I could try their new version of the Molten Cake, which I saw on their menu the last time I ate there.

Since we both hadn't eaten lunch, we had some salad before the main event (a vain attempt to limit calories). I chose the grilled shrimp caesar's salad, which was a bit on the sour side. I didn't mind that so much, knowing that I was going to have a lot of sugar immediately after to counter it.

Grilled Shrimp Caesar's Salad

The star of the show, of course, was the Chocolate Chip Molten Cake. Like its chocolate version, it had melted chocolate flowing out from its center. Z and I gobbled it up in a matter of minutes.

Chocolate Chip Molten Cake

I felt so full after that meal, that I thought that I had no more space for anything else. I thought wrong, as usual. Zara and I ended up having a few beers after dessert, and our Sunday afternoon meal stretched into late Sunday evening.

Chocolate cake and beer. A strange but surprisingly enjoyable combination.

Comments

Jo Tan said…
The choco chip molten cake was way too sweet ^,^
http://jotan23.blogspot.com/2010/03/bottomless-tostada-chips-at-chilis.html
Alex A. said…
hi jotan23! my tolerance for (addiction to?) sugar is probably just much higher than yours :)
thanks for dropping by!
Giselle said…
Gotta try this one!