Recipes by Cafe Metro, Trinoma, QC

I first ate in Recipes by Cafe Metro a few years ago at the prompting of my friend Karmina. The restaurant (as well as Trinoma Mall, which is where you can find it) was new at the time, and she wanted me to try it since it was her new favorite resto then. I believe the place falls under the "Asian fusion" category, so it was easy enough to convince me to go. (I love so-called Asian fusion food.)

I've been there several times since then, and I find myself ordering the same things over and over again almost all the time. Not because nothing else sounds attractive on the menu. It's just that I really like these dishes, and I don't go there often enough to experiment with other things on the menu.

I usually start off with their catfish-mango salad. I try to avoid catfish, because I've read a lot of bad things about bottom feeders, but I just can't resist this dish in general, and at Recipes in particular. I like the combination of green mango slices, onions, tomatoes, bagoong, and the shredded fish. (Just prepare for the onion breath that ensues.)

Catfish-Mango Salad

Then I have their crispy tilapia, one of my favorite Filipino dishes. I like their version because some other restaurants batter their tilapia too thickly when preparing this dish.

Crispy Tilapia

I normally don't have any more space to have dessert after this meal, which I usually have with rice. Next time I visit, I intend to try their Mango Jubilee.


Recipes by Cafe Metro
Trinoma Mall
North Ave cor. EDSA
Quezon City
Philippines
Tel. No. (632)901.3686

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Alexa!
greetings from Shizuoka, Japan!
I certainly like the looks of that tilapia!
Thanks for sharing!
Bets regards,
Robert-Gilles