Fish and Tofu Steak, Packo's Grill and Restaurant

Packo's Grill is very near my office, so my officemates and I sometimes meet there for work (or otherwise). It's a typical grill that serves Filipino food, relatively cheap beer, and a wide array of pulutan. There are a lot of pescetarian dishes there that I can choose from, but what I normally pick from their menu is their Fish Tofu Steak. It's served on a sizzling plate, with sauce that is perfect to slather on some garlic rice.

Fish Tofu Steak

The problem with eating in Packo's, and most other grills similar to it, is that I tend to eat too much rice, especially if it has a lot of garlic in it. Sometimes I order Packo's adobong kangkong, another dish that you just have to have rice with. While I'm eating, I would think that the carbohydrates are worth it. But the next day, I would regret the sheer volume of the food that I ate. Packo's is another place to avoid if you're trying to go on a no-carb diet.


Packo's Grill
36 Sgt. Esguerra St.
Quezon City
Philippines
Tel. No. (632)414.5570 to 71

Comments