Shakey's Ultimate Cheese and Garlic Pizza

My favorite pizza place, no contest, is Shakey's (only for the thin crust pizza, though). It must be the crunchy thin crust, oil, and special cheese (some of my friends insist their cheese is what margarine is to butter, but frankly, I don't care). It could also be the happy childhood memories I have of kid's parties held at this restaurant.

Whatever it is, Shakey's is always my first choice when it comes to pizza. When I arrived home after I lived a couple of years away from the Philippines, the first meal I had was in here, and I ordered what I'd usually ordered there for years and years and years... which was their garlic and cheese pizza.

A few years ago, I was very, very happy to find out that Shakey's had introduced a new flavor- ULTIMATE garlic and cheese. I had some as soon as I heard about it. It turned to be just as good as it sounded. If there is any pizza that deserves that name, Shakey's version has to be it.

Shakey's Ultimate Cheese and Garlic Pizza

As this photo illustrates, I usually have this pizza in a box. This means (at least for the Shakey's-savvy) that I have a Shakey's pizza-natic card and have more pizza delivered than is healthy for anyone. For those unfortunate souls who do not own a pizza-natic card, you are basically missing out on a free pizza and a bottle of coke for every large or party pizza you have delivered. The free pizza is either pepperoni or hawaiian, but since I'm pescetarian, I request a free- you guessed it- garlic and cheese pizza instead.

Now some people might think that one large (when I'm on a diet) ULTIMATE garlic and cheese and one large garlic and cheese pizza would be too much garlic and cheese (and pizza for that matter) for one person. I beg to disagree. Of course, I end up having it for breakfast and lunch the next day. But I don't really mind. In my book, you can never be too rich, or eat too much pizza.


Shakey's Pizza
Everywhere, Philippines

Comments