A birthday lunch at Zucchini's, Quezon City

I haven't gone to Zucchini's in a while, so when Yeng said she would treat me to lunch there for my birthday, I was all too happy to oblige. I really like eating in this restaurant, so Yeng and I stretched out our lunch (basically by eating too much) to enjoy the place.

To start off our meal, we shared the Barbecue Shrimps Salad (Although it wasn't really a lot and I'm sure we could have polished off one each). It was flavored with wasabi cream sauce and jalapeno vinaigrette. I liked how the shrimps were barbecued. Very tasty.

Barbecue Shrimps Salad

After that, Yeng ordered the Potato Crusted Fish Fillet, while I had the Fillets of Lemon Sole. The waiter, in a sort of warning, told me that the dish I ordered was pretty big. He said the serving was big enough for two. (Two whats, he didn't exactly say. It was certainly not big enough for the two of us.) It wasn't that the serving was undersized, it's more that our appetites were oversized.

Fillets of Lemon Sole

Potato Crusted Fish Fillet

Yeng told the servers that it was my birthday, so they thoughtfully made a birthday cake out of their Lychee Panna Cotta, complete with candle. Thankfully, they didn't sing any embarrassing songs as they brought it to the table.

Lychee Panna cotta

This lunch was the first of a series of meals I had to celebrate my birthday. A great way to kick off what turned out to be a very long celebration. Thanks Yeng!


Zucchini's
20 Scout Tuason cor. Scout Castor
Quezon City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(632)376.5896

Comments