Girls' Night Out at Taverna Verde, Ortigas

My friend Z told me she and her good friends Jan and Girlie were in the mood for a girls' night out, and invited me to come along. It sounded like a great way to spend a Monday night, so I told her I was in. The plan was to go to Taverna, a bar that Girlie said was a great place to just chill and hang out. We agreed to go there around eight to have time to have something to eat, then have a few drinks after.

When we all got there, the place was empty. I didn't really mind. I liked the place and its high-backed soft cushioned seats. We decided to have some pizza and pasta to start off the evening. I couldn't order any of the pasta because they all had either pork, beef, or chicken. So, for pescetarians looking for their pasta fix, this is not the place to go. Thankfully, they had a couple of pescetarian-friendly pizzas.

First, we tried their Spicy Sardine Pizza. I enjoyed it because the crust was very thin and crunchy, which is just the way I like it. The ingredients also came together very well- a good combination of sardines, slices of tomatoes, mozzarella, and capers.

Spicy Sardine Pizza

We also tried their Mushroom Pizza. I liked this as well (mostly because I was relieved that the mushrooms were not canned button mushrooms), but I have to say the sardine pizza was declared the favorite of the group.

Mushroom Pizza

While eating, we had a few drinks, then ordered even more food. There was a mix-up about the nachos that we ordered. We asked that the beef be served separate from the nachos so Girlie (non-beef eater) and I could eat it. When the nachos arrived, the ground beef was on top of the nachos, while the other sauces were in separate containers. I guess there was some confusion about what we wanted. The server thankfully seemed appropriately contrite, and remedied the situation right away.

We all enjoyed the food (and the drinks!), but we ended up moving to another place because there were hardly any people in the bar. Maybe because it was a Monday night, or maybe because it was just a particularly slow night. We did have fun on our girls' night out though. The pizza (and the company!) mostly did it for me, while the alcohol did the rest.


88 Meralco Ave. cor. Julia Vargas
Ortigas, Pasig City
Philippines
(632)633.3671

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's overpriced for poor-quality food. Their pizza tastes like cardboard and they didn't even put tomato sauce. it's just cheese on top of burned pita bread! They also put vinegar in their onion soup. wth right? I would give this place an overall rating of a .5 (1/2) star There is nothing comfortable about their comfort food. Plus their service is really slow
Anonymous said…
It's overpriced for poor-quality food. Their pizza tastes like cardboard and they didn't even put tomato sauce. it's just cheese on top of burned pita bread! They also put vinegar in their onion soup. wth right? I would give this place an overall rating of a .5 (1/2) star There is nothing comfortable about their comfort food. plus service is really slow
Alex A. said…
Wow sorry to hear that. That sounds like a bad experience. Luckily our pizza had tomato sauce. Vinegar in onion soup?? That certainly sounds strange. I agree about the service. It's a good thing we were in no rush when we were there.