Healthy Desserts at Hui Lau Shan, Hong Kong

I came across some photos that I hadn't posted from a trip to Hong Kong, and I just had to put them up because I remember how much pleasure these desserts brought me. I'm talking about Hui Lau Shan Healthy Dessert, a popular chain in Hong Kong. I remember going to this place as often as I could during my short stay there, judging from the number of desserts I had in the photos below.


Some stalls were bigger than others. In some of them, it was hard to get a place to sit, and I had to take out my order. They offered a variety of desserts, but I liked the ones with mango best. They did have different fruits, while some desserts had rice balls and beans.



This photo below shows the dessert I liked best. It had mango ice cream, mango chunks, and some kind of jelly which, if I remember correctly, was called "glass".



Unfortunately I can no longer remember all the names of these desserts, since I neglected to write them down at the time. When I tried to check the website of Hui Lau Shan for some help, it was in Chinese and I couldn't get the Google translate function to work for me.

But when you're in one of Hui Lau Shan's stalls, it doesn't take a genius to figure out which dessert would appeal to you. I do recommend though, if you're a mango lover like me, that you try their different mango-based desserts.


Hui Lau Shan
Everywhere, Hong Kong

Comments

Giselle said…
I want to try the mango dessert next time I'm there :-)
Anonymous said…
Hey G! Can you please do a review of Dolce Latte? It's along Q Ave., near (or beside yata) Hi-top. I pass by that place all the time but I don't know if their food is any good :) Thanks!
Alex A. said…
@Ate- they're everywhere so it won't be hard to try it :)
@S- ok i'll try to drop by. i always see it as well...