KaLui Restaurant, Puerto Princesa, Palawan

The last time I went to Puerto Princesa in Palawan, I asked around to find out what their best restaurant is. The consensus of many people was that Kalui Restaurant was the must-visit resto in the city. So, my friends and I went to have lunch in the restaurant which (according to its website anyway) is "the most famous and best value restaurant in Palawan".

The place was very pleasant. It had a native look and feel, and you are asked to remove your shoes before entering, so as not to dirty their highly polished wooden floors. We chose our table, ordered our food, then looked around the place while waiting for it to be prepared. The restaurant is relatively big, and they had a lot of native art and decor. It was a very humid day, though, and we were soon sweating as we walked around because the electric fans couldn't stir the air enough to dissipate the humidity.


Our food soon arrived and we got busy with our respective plates. I ordered Fish Cordon Bleu, primarily because it had cheese. It was not bad, but I did feel envious of my friends who ordered the Tuna Steak, of which I had a few bites. I should've known better not to order the fried fish. The freshness of the fish was more apparent when served rare. I had to stop myself from getting a lot of my friends' food, as I was enjoying it way too much.

Fish Cordon Bleu

After lunch, I went to the back of the restaurant to check out some clothes and other things they had for sale. The clothes were colorful, pretty, and well-made, but a little pricey.


I understand why both tourists and locals flock to the place. The ambience is perfect for family and group lunches, you can go shopping for some souvenirs, and the food is very fresh. I should just remember to order the tuna steak next time.


KaLui Restaurant
369 Rizal Avenue
Puerto Princesa City
Palawan, Philippines
Tel. No. (63)(48)433.2580

Comments