Chelsea Market and Cafe

I found myself at Bonifacio High Street during yet another hot and lazy Sunday, after my friend Z invited me to spend the afternoon browsing the shelves at Fully Booked. After several hours of reading and skimming through dozens of books, we worked up a pretty good appetite which we decided to indulge at Chelsea Market and Cafe.

The place was quite packed, and initially we were seated at a small table where we were practically (and literally) rubbing elbows with the diners at the next table. Thankfully some people left and we got to move to a table that would properly accommodate the amount of food we were planning to order.

I've long intended to eat at Chelsea, and when I finally got the chance to do so, I think I went crazy looking at their menu and wanting to have so many things on it. I first tried to order their Grilled US Halibut Gratinee, which sounded really good on the menu. Unfortunately, it was unavailable. Instead, I ordered the Oven-Roasted Seafood and Tomato Cream Pesto.

While waiting for that, Z and I shared a couple of appetizers- Molten Cheese Risotto Balls and their Chelsea Cheese Selection. The Molten Cheese Risotto Balls looked very promising. According to the menu, it had some spicy jalapeno cheese sauce, deep fried olives, and parmesan cheese. It looked appetizing as well. However, it didn't have as much cheese as I expected

Molten Cheese Risotto Balls

It's a good thing we had the cheese platter, to satisfy my as-yet unfulfilled craving for cheese. I particularly liked the truffled honey that came with it. Its sweetness perfectly complemented the taste of the different cheeses.

Chelsea Cheese Selection

What turned out to be the thing that I enjoyed most, was... their bread! I loved, loved, loved it. I loved spreading the baked garlic on it, which was so soft it spread on the bread like butter. I had so much of it that I was very full by the time the main course arrived.


I decided to not eat the pasta that I ordered and just take it home so that I could have room for dessert. It turns out that Chelsea is from the same company that runs Momo and M Cafe. I had a dessert that I remembered ordering at Momo, which was their Snickers Fudge. Although I think they were one and the same dessert, I enjoyed the one I had here at Chelsea more, because it tasted like it was freshly made.

Snickers Fudge

Despite my slight disappointment with the Risotto Balls, I definitely want to come back to Chelsea. I want to have more of that bread, and I want to try more of the entrees on the menu. I do hope they have the halibut available next time.


Ground Level, Serendra Piazza
Mc Kinley Parkway, Fort Bonifacio
Taguig City, Metro Manila
Philippines
Tel No. (632)909.7011

Comments

Giselle said…
I have to try that Snickers Fudge!
The Glamarazzi said…
Thats so weird. How could they NOT have halibut? Would you know if local supermarkets even carry them? :)

K
http://www.theglamarazzi.com
Kate said…
I love the risotto balls and the coated olives on the side :D But you're right, it could use more cheese!