Christmas treats at Starbucks

Starbucks enjoys particularly brisk business in the runup to Christmas day, judging from how their branches are packed up to the wee hours of the morning. I suspect this is mostly because so many people want to acquire their Christmas planners. For those who are not familiar with these, well, every Christmas season, people covet these planners, and spend literally thousands of pesos to get one.

This is because you are not able to buy them, you have to fill up a card with stamps. You get a stamp each time you buy a certain kind of coffee from Starbucks, and once you fill up the card, you finally get one. This year, you get to choose from several colors. I chose the silver one. Luckily for me, I didn't have to drink all these coffee concoctions to get my planner. Every year, my friend Chi (who DOES drink all these coffee concoctions), gives me a Starbucks planner for Christmas.

Aside from these planners, another draw at Starbucks during the holiday season is their Christmas-themed offerings. They have fancy(er) drinks, such as their Toffee Nut Latte, and they also have pastries that they only serve during the holidays. When I went to Starbucks recently, I was very happy to see that they had Molten Chocolate Cake. I don't know if this is just a new addition to their pastry lineup in general, or if it is part of their Christmas menu. At any rate, it was pretty good, as these kinds of cakes go. I hope they are now offering this regularly, so I know where I can have a treat when I go on my coffee breaks.

Molten Chocolate Cake


Starbucks
Ground floor ELJ Building
ABS-CBN Compound
Quezon City, Philippines

Comments

Raymond said…
Funny, Treena does this planner thing every year! You must admit, it's terrific marketing. Merry Christmas to you, my dear!