Light lunch at Panera Bread

During certain days of the week, Liz's work at the dental clinic starts at 2:00pm. This means we can have lunch together sometimes during weekdays. We started off a bit early one day so we could start at 11:00am and have a leisurely meal. We went to Panera Bread Cafe to keep it light.

I really like Panera because I associate it with my happy grad school days at Mizzou. My good friend Felicity and I would hang out at the branch of Panera in the university for hours, me with a mug of coffee, Fil with a cup of hot tea with milk and lots of sugar.

So I equate Panera with long hours of chatting with friends, and that's what Liz and I enjoyed. For lunch, I had a bowl of their Broccoli Cheddar Soup which I've always loved. It's so rich and thick, it's hard to believe it's only 300 calories (according to their nutrition calculator).

Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Of course, one reason why I only had soup was so I could have something extremely sugary for dessert. I opted for their Chocolate Duet Cookie, which was moist and chocolatey.

Chocolate Duet Cookie

I enjoyed my lunch tremendously, and I'm sure it will be the first of many weekday lunches when I'll be lucky enough to have some bonding time with Liz.


Panera Bread
11300 South Street
Cerritos, California
90703
Tel. No. (562)467.0104

Comments