Denny's, Las Vegas, Nevada

For our last meal in Vegas, I felt like having some greasy American diner food, so I suggested to my friends that we eat at Denny's. They didn't want to eat a hotel buffet breakfast after our gluttonous buffet dinner the night before, so they agreed. We found it easily enough, and we got down to business quickly.

Although it was breakfast for us, I wanted to have some chips. This was born of an unfulfilled craving the night before. I wanted to have chips at the MGM dinner buffet but they ran out of sour cream, so I didn't think they were worth having there anymore. The desire didn't disappear after a good night's sleep, so I gave in and ordered some at Denny's.

Three-Dip and Chips

I also ordered their Tilapia Ranchero, which was described as "white fish fillet topped with freshly made pico de gallo and diced avocado". It was served with smoked cheddar mashed potatoes and dinner bread.

Tilapia Ranchero

The chips were good. The three sauces were cheese (I asked them to remove the beef from the queso con carne), salsa, and spinach-artichoke dip. I liked the cheese best, and the spinach-artichoke dip least. Normally I like this kind of dip, I just didn't like their version much. As for the tilapia, it was a bit dry. The dish was saved though by the mashed potatoes and the dinner bread, which was just oozing with butter and garlic. (I did say I was in the mood for some grease.)

Denny's is not the place to go to for health food, but in terms of what I wanted to eat exactly at that time, it fulfilled my needs perfectly.


Denny's
7200 Las Vegas Blvd. S.
Suite 100
Las Vegas, Nevada
USA 89119
Tel. No. (702)269.0507

Comments