Gourmet fastfood at Paul's Place, Los Alamitos CA

Liz attended a PTA meeting early in the morning, but she still had some free time before she reported for work at the clinic at 2pm, so she picked me up to grab a quick lunch. She brought me to Paul's Place, and from what I read about the restaurant, it was supposed to offer "gourmet fastfood".

I liked the ambience of the place. We were seated outdoors, and though it was a bit chilly, it was nice and felt like a good place to have a relaxing lunch and chat with a good friend. They offered some salads, but aside from that there were few choices for pescetarians. So I had the reliable fallback in fastfood places, fish and chips.

Liz did say that their deep-fried mushrooms were a must-have, so I was excited for that. They didn't disappoint. The mushrooms were juicy inside while the coating was crunchy. This resulted in a good combination of textures. The Parmesan sprinkled on them enhanced the taste as well.

Deep-fried Mushrooms

The fish and chips tasted rather ordinary to me. What I did like about what I ordered was the garlic bread that came with it. In fact, I ended up taking home most of the actual fish and chips, because I got very full from eating the mushrooms and the bread. If I were to go back, I would probably order just the mushrooms and the garlic bread, and be perfectly happy about it.

Fish and Chips

The service is kind of slow, so that takes away from the "FASTfood" concept, but otherwise, I think the label "gourmet fastfood" fit Paul's Place perfectly.


Paul's Place
10821 Los Alamitos Blvd
Los Alamitos, CA
United States 90720

Comments