How to make tasty fried rice

Fried rice is one of my absolute favorite things to eat in the world. Chinese. Japanese, Thai, Indian, Indonesian- it doesn't matter what kind- I love them all. This is one of the things I cook often, because it's so easy to make, and I don't mind eating it for days at a time in case I end up with too much.

I recently made some that turned out super tasty, because I used more ingredients than I usually do. There were different things in the refrigerator so I just threw everything in. The more ingredients you have, the more interesting the taste. It's also a great way to use up those odds and ends you may have lying around in your fridge. This could easily have been vegetarian, but I added some tuna. And for a vegan version, you would just need to remove the egg (aside from the tuna of course).

Fried Rice

Here is what I used to prepare this version:

Day-old rice
Olive oil
Garlic
Garlic sprouts
Onion
Tomato
Celery
Carrots
Leeks
Eggs
Canned tuna
Canned peas
Cabbage
Button mushrooms
Oyster mushrooms
Spinach

To season:
Soy sauce
Black pepper
Paprika
Sesame Oil

And here's how I prepared it:

Heat the oil and then put the garlic and garlic sprouts. Cook until brown.
Put in the onion, and cook until transluscent.
Add the carrots, celery, leeks and tomato. Cook until tomatoes begin to soften.
Push everything to one side of the pan. Add more oil to the cleared side, and scramble the egg there.
Add the rice. Season with soy sauce.
Mix everything well for around five minutes.
Add the tuna, peas, mushrooms, cabbage, and spinach.
Season with black pepper, paprika, and sesame oil.
Mix everything together for another 3-5 minutes.

Enjoy!

Comments