All-Purpose Garlic Butter Noodles recipe

One good thing that came out of the pandemic was that people started cooking more. With so much time spent at home and with dining out suddenly becoming a high-risk activity, people have flexed their culinary muscles- often with amazing results, if social media is to be believed. 

 I’ve seen these kitchen experiments by my friends on their posts and they gladly share their recipes if I message them about how they made their latest successes. 

One dish that I’ve prepared many times is a very simple one- garlic butter noodles. I got the recipe from my friend Angel who highly recommended it. Since the first time I prepared it, I’ve recommended it to pretty much anyone who would listen. It’s so easy to make, with just a few ingredients, and it needs very little time to prepare. (I whipped it up in record time after I got home from a night of drinking and needed a post-night-out-avoid-a-hangover snack/meal.) 

Garlic Butter Noodles with Clams


Garlic Butter Noodles 

Ingredients: 

20 oz. yellow noodles (if to be eaten with an Asian dish) or pasta (if to be eaten with a Western dish) 
1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese 

Garlic sauce: 

1 stick unsalted butter (4 oz./110 g./1/2 cup/8 tbsp.) 
2 tbsp. minced garlic (more if you love garlic like I do) 
1 tbsp. Maggi or Knorr seasoning 
1 tbsp. oyster sauce 
1 tbsp. fish sauce 
1 tbsp. sugar 

Optional: 1 tbsp. Sriracha for Asian dishes, or chili flakes to taste for Western ones 

Directions:

1. If using yellow noodles, rinse with running water to remove oil, then drain. 

2. Heat a pot of water until it boils, add noodles/pasta until al dente. Don’t overcook! Soggy noodles/pasta usually suck/s. Drain. 

3. Prepare the garlic sauce using a sauté pan on medium to low heat. Add butter and when it is melted, put garlic and sauté until fragrant but not browned. 

4. Add all seasonings, stir to combine well. Remove from fire. 

5. Put the noodles in a bowl, toss well with the sauce and Parmesan cheese. 

You can add whatever else you want. I’ve tried sautéed mushrooms, shrimp, and clams. They all work, but I also like eating it as is. Enjoy! 

P.S. If you try making this, please tag me on Instagram @thepickypescetarian and tell me how it went. Thanks!

Comments