Cookbook Kitchen, Mandaluyong

Kennie had long been telling me to try Cookbook Kitchen, so on our next dinner with Angel, that's where we headed. They were both so thoughtful and ordered fish dishes so I could try them too. I ordered the Parmesan Crusted White Fish, while they had the Fish Casserole and the White Fish Sesame.

Fish Casserole

Parmesan Crusted White Fish

I was not very happy with what I ate. I don't know if it was the kind of fish they used, but they all seemed very rich to me. Also, I was expecting the parmesan crusted fish to be a bit drier. I didn't even finish my meal which almost never happens to me.

I guess I was expecting a dish like the one they serve in Italianni's. The one I ended up liking best was the White Fish Sesame.

White Fish Sesame

I had better luck with dessert. We ordered Kittin's Scarlet Cake, which I believe is called Velvet cake in some other places. We also had some chocolate cake. I liked the scarlet cake better than the chocolate one.

Kittin's Scarlet Cake

Helen's Moist Chocolate Cake

I would say that the meal was "all right". Although the desserts were good, I don't think I would particularly want to visit this place again.


Cookbook Kitchen
8 Socorro Fernandez St.
Mandaluyong City
Philippines

Comments