Cantinetta, Burgos Circle

I've liked the Italian restaurant Cantinetta since I first tried it years ago. I remember that we featured it in our lifestyle show "F" as one of the year's best restaurants (I think that was in 2004). I'd only been to their branch in Rockwell, so I was glad that I would get to try their branch at The Fort, when some of my friends decided to meet up for dinner there.

Since I hadn't been to Cantinetta in a while, I decided to have my favorite dish there; the very simple but delicious pasta with olive oil, garlic, and chili. I like the size of the servings in Cantinetta. Not too small, but not obscenely big either. Just enough to fill you up. In fact, I had no more space for dessert after I finished the whole plate. Though maybe that was more because I also had a few slices of pizza from my friends' plates.

Penne with Olive Oil, Garlic, and Chili (Aglio 0lio e Peperoncino)

The dinner didn't last too long, because it was a weeknight and a few of my friends were tired, while some others had somewhere else to go. Next time I go to Cantinetta, I'll make sure I'll have enough time to eat even more slowly, have a few more courses, sip some wine, and enjoy some dessert.


Cantinetta, Burgos Circle
Forbes Town Center
29 St. Rizal Drive, The Fort
Taguig City, Metro Manila
Philippines
Tel. No.(632)403.5220

Comments