A "light meal" at Cafe Breton

When I picked up Chi for lunch, she said she wanted to have a light meal. And when she says she wants to eat something light, that usually means she wants to eat at Cafe Breton. I, on the other hand, was famished and wanted to eat A LOT. I was thinking "carbs, carbs, carbs" (like rice or pasta), but I'm flexible. So I just decided to order more than I usually do.

I had a salad to start. I liked their "Salade Bretonne", which had a lot of mangoes, aside from some shrimp and crab. One thing I didn't like though was that it didn't have any arugula, as the menu said it would. The salad tasted fine. It's just that if you say there's going to be arugula in it, there should be some.

Salade Bretonne 
After that I had my usual Galette Bretonne, which also had shrimp and crab. I really like this crepe, but it seems too sinful to have two of it in one sitting.

Galette Bretonne
For dessert, I tried their "Funtastyc" for the first time. It had some banana, chocohazelnut spread, vanilla ice cream, and Grand Marnier flambee. If you don't like alcohol, this one's not for you. I don't fall in this category, though. The Grand Marnier added a kick to the dessert.

Funtastyc
I really like this place. Chi and I have been eating here for years, and it brings a lot of memories from the time we worked together. Some of our other fellow crepe-eaters from my former office no longer work in the area, but eating at Cafe Breton never fails to bring pleasant memories of meals with them.


Cafe Breton
Tomas Morato cor. Sct. De Guia
Laging Handa, Quezon City
Philippines
Tel. 63(2) 374.6334

Comments